SeeClickFix Blog #3

• Has the status of your issue changed since the last time you checked it?  Explain your answer.

The status of my issue has not changed since the last time I checked, it is still as Acknowledged.

• On Edublog #1 you were asked to predict whether or not SeeClickFix would fix the problem you reported.  Did you find that your prediction came true?  Explain your answer.

My prediction about SeeClickFix fixing the problem I reported was right because the sidewalk is still the same and has not been fixed. The problem I reported was not fixed yet.

• Are you satisfied with the result of the issue you reported?  Explain why, or why not.

I’m not satisfied with the result of the issue I reported because I think that this is a big issue and since it is in front of a school it should be important because throughout the whole day parents walk through there and children, increasing the risk of someone getting hurt.

• Do you think that SeeClickFix is a useful tool for helping people fix problems in their communities?  Explain your answer.

I think SeeClickFix is a useful tool for helping people fix problems in their communities because anyone can report an issue and it is easy to access.

• If you could change or improve SeeClickFix, what would you do?  Explain your answer.

If I could improve SeeClickFix I would make it so that it is safer for people reporting issues that way no one gets harmed from another person who sees that issue.

• Which class project do you think was best able to help the people who resisted an oppression gain agency:  SeeClickFix or the May Day March?  Explain your answer.

I think that the class project that was best able to help people who resisted an oppression was the SeeClickFix project because that was a safer way to gain agency and it showed us how easy it can be to make a change.

• Do the results of the SeeClickFix and May Day projects imply that one form of resistance is better than another?  Explain your answer.  

I think that the results of the SeeClickFix and May Day projects both helped to show that any kind of resistance is good as long as your resisting the right way and against the right thing. Both projects showed us different ways to gain agency and to resist an oppression.